Frankston City Council announced plans for Expansion of Basketball Stadium at Kananook Reserve, Seaford. The contract for construction being awarded to Devco Project & Construction Management Pty Ltd.
The expansion of this facility will support continued growth of basketball locally which currently hosts 14,000 participants a year, Said the Mayor, Cr Brian Cunial. The upgraded stadium will increase the capacity to host elite games and competitions, helping bring more visitors to Frankston City.
Stage one of the Frankston Basketball Stadium expansion project includes:
• Four new courts, including a new ‘show court’ with approximately 600 seats
• New entry, reception and merchandise area
• Café with commercial kitchen
• New change rooms, referees rooms and accessible toilets
• Administration refurbishments, storage, lift and stairs
• Renew the asphalt car park (approximately 100 spaces) and lighting
• Gravel car parking spaces (approximately 200)
• Exterior works including paving at entry to meet disabled access requirements
Works to upgrade the popular basketball stadium are expected to take 18 months for completion, subject to weather and site conditions.
|Name||Frankston City Council|
|Type||Expansion Of Basketball Stadium|
|Estimated Cost||$12.45 Million|