Repairs to FAMU's Bragg Stadium to be completed by July
5 June 2017
Mandatory repairs to Florida A&M's Bragg Memorial Stadium are on schedule to be completed before the Aug. 26 start of football season.
A Power Point presentation that will be shown to the FAMU Board of Trustees' budget, finance and facilities committee on Wednesday shows the final cost of the repairs will be $390,968.35 -- a huge drop from the original estimated cost of $622,000. The new, lower cost was provided by Tallahassee-based Barkley Consulting Engineers.
The Power Point says the repairs should be complete by the end of July. FAMU opens its season with the Jake Gaither Classic on Aug. 26 against Texas Southern.
The most recent competition held at Bragg was FAMU's spring game. Sections of the stadium were taped off during that game.
According to the Power Point, the scope of the work includes metal structural fabrications, cast in place reinforced concrete and masonry electrical, plumbing and selective painting.
Current status of repairs to Bragg Memorial Stadium
• Steel repairs to East side column row A are complete and inspected by the
• Concrete repairs to column row A East/West are compete and inspected by the
• Column row B East/West concrete repairs will be completed week of 5/16
• All stairs for East side are fabricated, painted and ready to be installed
• Steel column repairs to West side are progressing approximately 20% complete
• Stairs for West side are 75% fabricated and ready for paint
• East side stair installation will begin after storm drain pipes are reinstalled and
• column row B repairs are complete