DICK'S Sporting Goods Partners with Nike, Jordan Brand and Athletes For Next Phase of "Sports Change Lives" Campaign
8 June 2023
Today, DICK'S Sporting Goods revealed the second creative expression of their "Sports Change Lives" campaign – this time in partnership with Nike, marking the first time the two have joined forces on an ad campaign of this caliber. Following the March unveiling of DICK'S new brand platform, this second phase consists of personal stories from 10 Nike and Jordan Brand athletes that spotlight the ways sports have changed their lives.
Experience the full interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/9140958-dicks-sporting-goods-nike-athletes/
Featured in the campaign are:
- A'Ja Wilson - WNBA Forward, 2022 WNBA Champion, two-time WNBA MVP, four-time WNBA All-Star, and 2018 NCAA National Champion.
- Alex Morgan - USWNT Soccer player, two-time FIFA Women's World Cup champion and Olympic gold medalist.
- Athing Mu - Track and field athlete, Olympic gold medalist and world U20 record holder.
- Carmelo Anthony – Former NBA player, 10-time All-Star, ninth on the NBA's all-time scoring list, three-time Olympic gold medalist and NCAA champion.
- Davante Adams - NFL Wide Receiver, three-time First Team All-Pro, six-time Pro Bowl selection and two-time NFL receiving touchdown leader.
- DJ Wagner - Collegiate Basketball player and #1 ranked high school basketball player in the class of 2023.
- Mike Trout - MLB Center Fielder, three-time American League MVP, ten-time MLB All-Star and seven-time Silver Slugger award winner.
- Najee Harris - NFL Running Back, 2021 Pro Bowl selectee, 2020 First Team All-American and Doak Walker Award winner.
- Sabrina Ionescu - WNBA Guard, NCAA all-time leader in career triple-doubles, 2020 #1 WNBA draft pick and 2020 WNBA Rookie of the Year.
- Tatyana McFadden - 17-time Paralympic medalist and 23-time World Para Athletics Championships medalist.
To provide more youth athletes from all communities greater access to play, each athlete will choose a youth sports organization to nominate for a $75,000 "75for75" Sports Matter Grant that meets The DICK'S Sporting Goods Foundation's criteria. As part of The DICK'S Foundation's "75for75" Sports Matter Grant Program, "75for75" will distribute more than $5.6 million in 2023.
"This series takes an authentic, personal look at how sports have changed the lives of some of the world's top athletes, from cultivating community to unlocking confidence," said Emily Silver, Chief Marketing Officer of DICK'S Sporting Goods. "As viewers watch these Nike and Jordan athlete stories, we hope they are reminded of the positive impact sports can have on anyone's life and feel inspired to engage in sports."
To kick off the next phase of the "Sports Change Lives" campaign, Carmelo Anthony, Sabrina Ionescu, and Mike Trout's stories will appear in broadcast, online video, and social media starting this week. The remaining athlete spots will be released over the coming weeks.
Exclusive behind-the-scenes photoshoot footage of the athletes will also be available for customers who connect their DICK'S Sporting Goods Scorecard and Nike Membership accounts. Formed in 2021, the Connected partnership offers access to exclusive products, experiences, and content.
"Together with DICK'S, we are on a mission to champion and inspire athletes of all levels," said Chris Jones, VP North America Nike Marketplace Partners. "Our shared commitment to making a positive impact extends beyond the game, and together we can make a difference in the lives of all athletes."
"I hope that young people watching this campaign feel inspired and encouraged to go out and accomplish whatever goal they set for themselves," said Carmelo Anthony. "The change isn't immediate, it takes time, and though it's a tremendous journey, with perseverance and the willingness to learn you can achieve great things. The most valuable lesson I learned during my time in the rec centers was how to stand tall, believe in myself, and stand strong to my beliefs."
To learn more about the campaign and the athlete stories, visit dickssportinggoods.com/sportschangelives