TCF Bank Stadium (football stadium) will be complete by September 2009. The 50,000 capacity stadium is planned to be built in time for the 2009 football season The stadium will be accessible, complement existing athletics facilities, and enhance campus life. The stadium will be a horseshoe-shaped bowl with brick fašade and arched portals. The university will fund 52 per cent of the cost of the stadium. The state of Minnesota will fund the remaining 48 per cent.
The Stadium will have general seats as well as an array of club and suite seats. The stadium will complement the campus environment, have a collegiate look and feel, create two landscaped plazas, and accommodate other uses. The design allows for maximum flexibility, including potential expansion to 72,000 to 80,000 seats. The stadium cost is $288.5 million, which includes site preparation, district improvements, and the stadium itself.
|Project Name||TCF Bank Stadium|
|Estimated Investment||US $288.5 million|
|Key Players||University of Minnesota, State of Minnesota, HOK Sport|